I have seen major Fintech companies in the country (Nigeria) create products that will help small business owners track and receive funds from customers.
I have also done some research, speaking to various small business owners about these payment links.
One major feedback I get is, I can always confirm payment from my bank app. I can easily give my account number to a customer, why do I leave the conversation with my customer to create a link for payment?
I carried out a poll on Twitter recently, asking small business owners what they prefer.
- Keep selling on social media
- Sell via their business website
- A combination of both options.
Option 3 took the lead.
Now, Shopify fully covers option 3. Yet we do not have many business owners utilizing Shopify.
What could be the reason?
1. Will a Nigerian version of Shopify be the solution?
Right now, Sales Cabal by Whogohost and Payant offer the Shopify solution, but then very few persons are away of these products.
2. Why don’t we have Nigerian fintech companies launching this idea?