What's the main job of a CEO?

Being a CEO is a significant task, and the question I ask myself a lot is; what’s my major role?
I found this insightful. Do you agree with Sahil?

5 Likes

I think Sahil is on point! But nuance. I think it depends on what stage the startup is at.

2 Likes

I agree with this take, but I feel his first and main task is to provide a map of his vision and ensure to be focused on the building or expanding that vision. That way, other things fall in place.

3 Likes

I will add this, “a CEO’s job is to ensure that the business has cash for at least 18 months’ operations in the bank”.

3 Likes

All for 1 and 1 for all.

A CEO cannot do it alone.

It takes team work to achieve any given task.

“For me, it matters that we drive technology as an equalizing force, as an enabler for everyone around the world.” - Sundar Pichai

2 Likes

Sahil is :100: correct.
This gives the CEO enough time to plan the business operation , structure and strategize.

In addition, it makes him more productive with creative idea to grow the company.

2 Likes

“See above the rut.”

And that is saying enough.

1 Like

In addition to your point, the CEO should be a team leader who sees to the progress of his team and what they plan to achieve. He should be able to be at the forefront of the innovation his team is bringing to the business world.

1 Like