Product of The Week: Cluster Living

Hey, Community! Welcome to the second edition of Community Product Hub.

Our Product of The Week is Cluster Living pitched by @TamTam

Product category: Proptech

Product tagline: Making city living a breeze.

Product link: https://enablecluster.com/

What is Cluster Living?

Cluster Living is a co-living company offering long-term living experiences that allow renters choose where and how they live.

These are the product’s key value propositions:
- Rent instantly, no paperwork.
- Find the perfect roommates through our matching algorithm.
- Pay zero fees on rent.

What inspired Cluster Living?

In Nigeria, buying a home is difficult so most people resort to renting. However, the rental system is still choked with hurdles. From searching through hundreds of unverified listings, to having to deal with agents, fees and bad experiences upon renting a house.

What problem is Cluster Living trying to solve and how?

Simply put, renting sucks. Cluster wants to help redefine renters’ experiences by fostering coliving, automating rent processes and reducing the high cost of living through zero fees renting and other perks.

@TamTam will love to know what you guys think of coliving with strangers and will also welcome suggestions on other renting problems you feel should be better addressed.

Over to you Community, let’s drop our feedback about Cluster Living below. And if you’d like to be featured, apply here.

It’s great to see another startup trying to solve Nigeria’s housing/rental problem.

I will like to know your target market – high medium or low earners?

This is indeed innovative. Let’s know when you launch

I don’t know why but I’m always skeptical when I see startups trying to solve the housing problem in Nigeria. While the cities are the only ones that seems to have this problem, it’s a case of cause and effect. People develop real estates with funds (theirs or borrowed) and there’s the need for “quick” returns which affect both pricing and rental conditions. IMO, the major problem is funds and there’s hardly investors that would drop money and want to wait for decades for returns. I also think this product should be targeted at cities and towns that host higher institution of learnings. This is on the notion that students would be more open to co-living than others. And of course, that’s my opinion.
Now my question for the Clutter Living team: how are they going to cushion this funding challenge as a startup without affecting the amount that their users would pay?

1 Like

Hi Yinka,
A simple way to understand Cluster is to think of it as an extended version of Airbnb. We are not going to require investors putting in money to build a new house or apartments. What we want to do is work with the current rental housing supply and create a more comfortable way for people to live together.

Co-living might be foreign to some extent but take out the fancy name and you’ll realize that many people live with others. They have roommates, they share things, primarily to cut costs. But that doesn’t mean they love sharing so we are trying to basically reinvent the experience.

Regarding the funding challenge, because it’s a centralized system where everything is done on the platform, from house search to tours to payments and maintenance requests, we are able to take out a lot of the fees and because it’s coliving, renters pay less but still enough for the average property owner to make their money.

I hope I answered your question to a point🙂