Podcast lovers, what podcasts are you currently listening to?

And if you are to recommend one podcast to a newbie, which would it be?

I’m currently listening to Business Wars, The Tipoff and Office Ladies. And I’ll always recommend Business Wars to anyone just getting into podcasts because it’s not only informative, but it’s also very entertaining.

5 Likes

I’m currently enjoying Business wars. Amazon vs Walmart and the Uber vs Lyft series. Stuff you should know and how did this get made are alright, but business wars is lit.

2 Likes

I’m currently listening to

1. Pessimists Archive Everything we love today was once considered scary and harmful. But why? :thinking:
  2. Planetary Radio: Space Exploration, Astronomy and Science Planetary Radio brings you the human adventure across our solar system and beyond.
  3. Elon Musk Interviews The Real Ironman.

I’ll recommend Pessimist Archive, it is incredible. (Yes, it is an optimistic show. It’s an archive of the pessimists.)

2 Likes

Business Wars and Stuff You Should Know (SYSK). Both are informative and entertaining!

2 Likes

I’m always listening to Stuff You Should Know (SYSK) and The Joe Rogan Experience.

SYSK comes highly recommended for newbies. The chemistry between the hosts, Josh and Chuck, and the way they simplify even the most boring topics, is unmatched.

The Joe Rogan Experience is great too for the amazing long-form conversations. Just be prepared to sit (or walk or drive) through 3-hour long conversations that are totally worth it. I learn a lot form that show too.

I have Office Ladies on my list, as a fan of The Office. Other podcasts I occasionally listen to are The Soundtrack Show (for music geeks) and Business Wars (occasionally)

3 Likes

Business Wars is still my favorite podcast! Thanks for introducing me to it :grin:

1 Like

This sounds interesting. I’ll definitely check it out.

1 Like

I struggle with finding the right podcasts. Something I can relate to. African women talking about business in an African context.

Girlsboss, Hey Girl, Gold Digger are good. But I really need something that I can relate to.

4 Likes

Startup micro dose and DealMakers podcast are my bread and butter. I’ll have a listen to the ones you’ve mentioned here. I’m intrigued. Thanks for the share.

5 Likes

You’re welcome Puwai. DealMakers looks interesting, I’ll definitely check it out.

1 Like

I get your point, there are so many “not so great” podcasts out there. I wouldn’t mind one about African women talking business at all. Thanks for the recommendations.

2 Likes

I recommend ‘How I Built This With Guy Raz’

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this

5 Likes

What about African podcasts? I listen to blue ribbon podcasts and a couple others.

4 Likes

The Top by Nathan Latka
The SaaS podcast by Omer Khan
How i built this by Guy Raz
Startup by Gimlet media

3 Likes

You’re very welcome :blush:

Listening to Stoicism for a better life

2 Likes

If you interested in technology, innovation and insurance in Nigeria & Africa you can try InsurTech Business Series Podcast
Africa InsurTech Rising

2 Likes

Some favorites:

+ some of the one’s mentioned above like Business Wars & DealMakers

3 Likes

I don’t have a recommendation for a podcast but there is a new tech newsletter that is interesting, and helpful for those in the tech ecosystem, For Colored Girls Who Tech, A weekly newsletter for Blackwomen highlighting entrepreneurship and venture capital in the tech ecosystem. Information is focused on Africa, Europe and the US! https://forcoloredgirlswhotech.substack.com/ There are lots of resources for founders looking for funding.

1 Like

The Viewing Center podcast Is fun especially for Nigeria related social issues and if you want to get important information while also having fun

2 Likes