Help: How To Create A Survey To Gather Analysis, Requirement, And Feedback Before Starting My Project In Nigeria

Hello Everyone, My Name is Babalola and I am a developer in training.

I want to start up a project of my own and I have done my research gotten the result I need but there is a little problem. I want to create a survey in which I can gather information and feedback to help structure my Project.

So They question is: What is the best way to research and gather Analysis, Requirement, And Feedback in Nigeria

1 Like

I advice you start from friends, your own circle.

2 Likes

Like @luckyhenry notes, a good place to start is with your friends who are your immediate circle. I will add this: create a two layer approach to the survey.

Layer 1: Start with your friends (10 to 20 in number) doing a focus group discussion. Ensure you have all base questions ahead of that time. This would require you hosting them with the extra appeal of refreshments but with Covid-19, you need to come up with another plan for hosting them. This layer should be like in-person (face-to-face) interview or informal conversation.

Layer 2: Follow up the first layer with surveying a relatively larger size audience if you can. At this level designing a survey form comes into play. Think like someone who will reply to your questions to guide you in asking the right questions.

2 Likes

Okay thank you very much

Thanks you very much, this is very helpful and I will start immediately. Thank you very much once again sir. I would love to chat with you More often sir. Le me drop a PM sir so that we can talk more on WhatsApp.

1 Like

But what if your family and friends are not your target audience?

2 Likes

Use Google forms with incentives. Also, collect their WhatsApp numbers for further clarifications. Thank me later :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Your target audience could be in their circle or network. Ask them to help you share.

2 Likes

I definitely will

That was what I have in mind to use. I think it’s the best

What kind of incentives would you recommend?

Google form is not necessarily the best but it will serve you at the basic point.

They do not need to be your Target Audience. You need them to determine by scrutinizing, if your product or service is the right fit for the market or audience you are targeting.

Incentives can include: Internet data on their WhatsApp number, early access to services, free products during launch, discount coupons, etc.

1 Like

It was necessary and important for @Gege_Babalola to have a picture of how he can make his research work. Thanks @Solze for the feedback.

1 Like

Friends sometimes don’t give the best feedback, cos they are scared of hurting your feelings.

1 Like

I am having this issue. Everybody in my family are not into it. And as for friends I have spoken to then and few are interested.

You can create a questionnaire using google form or survey monkey. Depends on your target respondent, you can share your questionnaire link among your friends and through your social media handles.

If your sample size is large, attaching incentives will motivate people and speed up the response rate.

3 Likes

Airtime is the most affordable

1 Like

Nice! But holding a FGD during this Covid-19 pandemic is not advisable. Unsure if holding it online using Zoom for example will draw out the best response from the respondents.

1 Like