Do you think Hushpuppi's case will affect Nigerian online entrepreneurs or startups?

Hello guys,

Seeing the Hushpuppi case trending is getting me to think about how this will affect Nigerian entrepreneurs and startups, especially if your product or services is for foreigners.
Am I right to be worried, or am I just being paranoid?

1 Like

You’re very right to be worried.

It’s one things if all these were one-off cases but the rate and frequency of such fraud cases linked to Nigeria is what’s really problematic.

Hushpuppi, Invictus, etc in just one news cycle! It will definitely leave a impression (worsening an already bad impression).

2 Likes

Already Nigeria has been blacklisted on many platforms this will further worsen the plight of Nigeria Online Entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Yes but again, we keep moving. Amazing stuffs will keep happening.

1 Like

And it’ll help if platforms also throw more spotlights on the good & hardworking NIGERIANS… even in the diaspora rather than the bad eggs amongst us always stealing the spotlight, hashtags and headlines to tarnish the image :nigeria:

1 Like

Im worried about the youngsters who look up to such people and think its ok to follow suit. This is why i keep telling people, DO NOT believe everything you see on social media. Money is not easy to make, it takes hard work and dedication but yahoo yahoo and fast money seems to be the go too now. We cant blame Buhari for his saying on Nigeria’s LAZY youths

1 Like